The 404 File Not Found Error is due to a missing or corrupted webpage file on the Flex File System. This error may also appear as a content decoding error. The error can occur if the File System is unintentionally formatted, or if the Flex is unplugged during sensitive writes to the Flex File System.
Fortunately if this error occurs the webpages on the Flex can be reuploaded using the iHelp utility. The webpages can be reuploaded by following these steps:
- With a PC or Mac connect to the network that the Flex is on.
- Open iHelp and wait for it to discover any Flex units.
- Right click on the unit and select "Format Flex Filesystem".
- After completion right click on the unit and select "Update Firmware".
- Wait for the update to complete and then enter the units IP address in your browser to continue with configuration.
If iHelp does not detect the unit, but it has a valid IP address, or the iHelp update process seems to stall or does not complete, you can use the 2 files attached to this FAQ to update directly, if you know the IP address of the Flex.
Simply download and extract the files. When opening each one, it will prompt for the IP address of the Flex.
When it has completed, the window will close, and the upload will be complete.